Saturday, May 16, 2009

I started this blog for New and seasoned Mothers to learn and Help each other.  To get, give and ask for advice, help and just be of comfort.  I have been a Baby Nurse for over 25 years.  I first started out working as a Nanny for a little baby girl in Pa. for 3 yrs.  Next I moved to Fla. and took total care of Triplets, I did that for 2 1/2 yrs.  While I was there, the family had 2 Baby Nurses and I knew that was what I wanted to do with my life...take care of Newborn Babies.
In the 70's, St Lukes Hospital had a Baby Nursing Program.  I did not know about this, nor that there was even such a thing as Baby Nurses.  All my life(from a very small girl) I have loved babies,but nobody told me about Baby Nursing, as a possible perfession .  So I went to a 3 yr. hospital Nursing Program.  I hated most of it, except for the Operating Room, Nursery, Delivery,NICU, and Peds.  I quit before graduating, never knowing there was an alternative, that I would love.
Back to the Triplets and finding out about being able to always take care of Newborns and help their Mothers, also.  This was the life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment